Everlasting Daisies by Robin Murray
Why I love the Snowy Mountains tour:
* I loved the variety on this trip – scenic drives, invigorating walks, iconic mountain villages, wetland viewing, and botanic gardens.
* A very special, fragile environment.
* An escape to a cooler place at the height of summer; fresh mountain air.
* The trip has something for everyone: botanists, birdwatchers, general naturalists, those who love good food and camaraderie, and those who enjoy magnificent scenery.
* You have to love it when Flame Robins are a common sight.
* Special mountain birds: Gang-gangs, Olive Whistler, Satin Flycatcher, Flame and Scarlet Robins and even the chance for a Pink Robin.
Snow Gums by Robin Murray
Flocks of needletails wheeling around.
* Seeing the famous summer wildflower displays. Fields of everlasting daisies, snow daisies, billy buttons, candle heath, native buttercups, native bluebells. Alpine Mint-bush – the delicate white flowers contrasting with the deep green fragrant foliage.
* The exhilaration of the chairlift, walking above the treeline and marvelling at the tiny flowers and mat-forming plants which hang onto the rocks in the harshest conditions.
* Wind-sculpted Baeckeas and Mountain Plum Pines.
* Gnarled snow gums, Eucalyptus niphophila, hundreds of years old. The glorious olive green lustrous bark of the Black Sallies, Eucalyptus stellulata, and the very rare Weeping Snow Gum Eucalyptus lacrimans.
Flame Robin by David Simpson
* Interesting invertebrates – Mountain Spotted Grasshoppers and butterflies specific to the high country.
* The great welcoming environment at Bimblegumbie; fantastic meals with home-grown vegies; the quirky garden sculptures.
* The alpine environment is especially vulnerable to the effects of climate change – see it while it’s still possible.
By Carol Probets ornithologist and naturalist on this tour.
Contact us for an itinerary.
Please phone Follow That Bird to check if seats are available then fill in the booking form and mail with the deposit or full payment to Follow That Bird, 3/59 Central Road, Avalon, NSW 2107. Your place on the tour is not guaranteed until we receive the payment.
Follow That Bird aims to provide a high standard of interpretive guiding on each trip to make your birdwatching holiday a special one. With small groups, attention to personal service and lots of good fun, we’re sure you will enjoy your time with us.
If you have any unanswered questions, please phone Follow That Bird on 02 9973 1865